Mission, Vision and Values
Black Rock Primary School aims to be the most vibrant, passionate, learning community in the City of Bayside. The School will promote cooperation, tolerance and consideration for others and will aim to extend the academic, creative, social, emotional and physical development of the children.
The outcome will be graduates who exhibit the qualities of leadership, resourcefulness, independence and responsibility.
The guiding principles for Black Rock Primary School are:
- Celebration of achievements and encouragement of action.
- Promotion of fun in the school place.
- Provision of a safe and secure environment.
- Provision of the highest quality teaching and learning opportunities.
Black Rock Primary School will aim to:
- challenge the children intellectually by providing a wide range of educational experiences;
- provide opportunities to extend the academic, creative, social, emotional and physical development of the children;
- provide a range of educational opportunities which enable each student to experience success;
- foster and develop personal qualities of respect for individuals in the school and the wider community through promoting cooperation, tolerance and consideration for others;
- encourage the development of individuals, who are confident, have a high level of self esteem and are able to take responsibility for themselves and their actions;
- be committed to developing children who exhibit qualities of leadership, resourcefulness and independence;
- develop an understanding of, and a sense of, responsibility towards the environment; and
- concentrate on developing a broad set of values with a focus on equality for all as a fundamental responsibility for both teachers and parents.